All voters in Minnesota can vote early before Election Day – either by mail or in-person – starting now! Request your mail-in ballot online or you can read about other early voting options below:
Election Day Voting
All eligible voters in Minnesota are able to vote on Election Day – Tuesday, Nov 8th.
In Minnesota, you can register to vote or update your voter registration at your in-person polling place on Election Day. Find out what you’ll need to bring with you to register or update your registration on Election Day.
You can find other key Election Day Voting information at below:
Register to Vote
In order to vote in Minnesota, you must register with up-to-date information. You can register 20 days before Election Day online or through a paper registration, or in-person on Election Day at your polling place.
- Register Online
- Download a Paper Application (Multiple Languages Available)
- Election Day Registration Information
In order to be an eligible voter in Minnesota, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old on Election Day
*To pre-register to vote at age 17 in Minnesota, you must be at least 18 years old when the next election occurs (special, township, state primary, or state general). Because special elections can be called at unexpected times, your application may be returned if an election becomes scheduled between the date you register and your birthday. If that happens, simply wait until that election passes, and submit your registration again.
- A resident of Minnesota for 20 days
- Finished with all parts of any felony sentence
- You can vote while under guardianship unless a judge specifically has revoked your right to vote
- You cannot vote if a court has ruled that you are legally incompetent.
- If you are a college student that is at least 18 years old on Election Day and a resident of Minnesota for at least 20 days, you can vote in Minnesota’s election. Paying out-of-state tuition or having a driver’s license from another state does not necessarily mean you can’t vote in Minnesota. Click to find more information about voting as a college student.